Review: Mally Beauty 24/7 Professional 16 Piece Gel Nail System

Thursday, May 14, 2015
MallyBeautyGelNail
 I recently purchased Mally’s gel nail system on QVC when she was on all day a few weeks ago, I don’t know how you do it girl! The whole kit is about a $300 value priced at $69 and it’s on Easy Pay. I love Easy Pay!! So if you can contain yourself until after you finish reading this review hop on over to QVC and order yourself one. I mean, hello, you order it and get it home for about $30, which is less than the cost of the bag if you were to purchase it at mallybeauty.com, try it out and if you don’t like it send it back, boom you’re only out about $6, say wah??? You won’t send it back though, trust me on this one. ;-) Before I ordered I also went over to YouTube to find out how easy it actually was to apply. Yes, I know Mally shows us all on QVC how easy it is to polish your nails and swipe, swipe, 30 seconds under the LED light and done, but what is she going to say? “Oh, it’s going to take you all day and it’s very difficult to polish your nails with my product.” Uh, no of course not! So I found AllThatsRed video on YouTube, she does a great demo showing us how she applies the polish and tips on where you should set-up before you begin. Everything that Mally puts in her kit fits in the bag that she includes. I love that! If you’re like me, you have nail polish bottles everywhere, because you've tried all of them hoping that you've finally found "the one". With this kit you can keep everything together and you won’t be searching for your lamp and then your nail polish remover bowl once you’re ready to remove your polish and trying to remember where you put your nail polish remover. This bag keeps everything together and it’s not a flimsy bag either so it’s not going to fall apart on you. Mally also includes step-by-step instructions on how to apply everything. Yes, it’s going to take you longer than a minute to polish your nails, this is not a quickie application, but if you go to the manicurist does it only take a few minutes for them to apply your polish and out the door you go? No, of course not. You need to prep your nails and prime them before you apply your polish, if you wear makeup it’s similar steps. You put on your moisturizer (hopefully with SPF!), apply your primer and then your foundation same thing with this system, BUT after you’re finished guess what? You can go to bed, you can take a shower, you can give your love a hug and your polish is not going to smudge! Woo-hoo!! And once you get the steps down you'll notice it doesn't take as long as it did when you first started using Mally's gel nail system. I love this system and in my neck of the woods this will pay for itself in two applications. I don’t have to worry about walking into the nail salon and wonder if I’m going to get in right away or if I’m going to have to wait, and now that we’ve hit the spring/summer months, that’s a possibility. The only thing I have to worry about is will my hubby and son leave me alone long enough to get it done. Lol Another great thing about this kit is that the lamp is LED not UV, plus it has different timers to chose from if you feel that you need more than the recommended time that’s in the instructions. Again, yes using gel nail polish is a longer process than the usual regular nail polish, but if you’ve ever gone to the nail salon and had a gel/shellac manicure you know there are more steps than regular nail polish. Unlike regular polish, though, this will last you longer than a few days, it only takes about a minute to dry and you’re done.

image

Once it comes time to removing your gel polish Mally provides a bowl for you to soak your hands in so that the polish can be easily removed from your nails. My main tip for this step is make sure that your soak off nail polish remover is room temperature, I made the mistake of removing my polish in front of the vent in our bedroom and OMG I felt like I had just put my hand in the Arctic ocean! The recommended soak time is 15 minutes and it was a bit of a torture with my first hand because the nail polish remover was so cold. So if you don't like the cold, like me, make sure your nail polish remover is at room temperature. After I remove my gel nail polish, even before buying this kit, I always give my nails some recovery time before I apply a new color. With this kit I'm giving it about a week and I now have a new color on. I started with the Aristocrat and currently have Big Apple on and both colors are beautiful. QVC has a variety of nail polish colors that can be purchased separately with a $3 shipping charge and Mally also has colors on her website with free shipping at $50. My advice would be, if you see something you like on Mally's website, but your shopping cart doesn't total $50 or over look for it on QVC's website since the shipping charge will be much less. Here's a few pics I took showing you the Aristocrat color and how the polish held up over 2 weeks.

image




image
This is right at two weeks, as some of you will recognize, I started picking at the polish.
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Category

2011 (19) 2012 (2) 2015 (1) A|X Armani Exchange (2) adidas Originals (1) aldo (1) Alexander McQueen (1) all stars (1) amazon (3) American Eagle Outfitters (2) Amrita Singh (1) armani (2) artoo (1) aurelia dress (1) aviators (1) bag (7) barley (1) bcbgeneration (4) bcbgmaxazria (1) beach bag (1) beads (1) beauty product (1) beige (1) Billabong (1) black (5) blazer (2) bling (2) blouse (1) boots (3) bouganvilla (1) bow (1) brown (1) Burlwood (1) camera (1) camera bag (1) candie's (1) capris (1) cardigan (2) cardigans (1) carrie bradshaw (1) chain (1) charcoal (1) charlotte russe (2) charm (1) Chaz Dean (1) Chicnova Fashion (1) Chloé (1) Christian Louboutin (1) Christmas (1) chuck taylor (1) closet (3) clothing (1) clutch (1) Coach (1) collection (1) color block (1) conditioner (1) converse (1) coral purple (1) court heels (1) craziness (1) cross strap sandal (1) cross-body (2) deal (2) December (1) denim (1) dillards (2) DKNY (1) Dorothy Perkins (2) dslr (1) erdem (1) espadrille (1) eureka (1) eyelet (1) fashion (14) faux patent (1) fingerless gloves (1) flats (1) flip flops (1) gel nail system (1) gel nails (1) gift (1) girl on a budget (2) girly girl (1) giveaway (2) gloves (1) green (2) grey (1) hair (1) hansen (1) Hanukkah (1) heels (9) ice (1) insert (1) insta dri (1) It Cosmetics (1) J.Crew (1) jacquard (1) jason wu (1) jason wu for target (1) Jigsaw (1) jodie pump (1) Juicy Couture (1) kate spade (4) kate spade ny (1) kathy van zeeland (3) kohl's (1) ksny (3) kvz (3) lauren conrad (2) lauren ralph lauren (1) layer necklace (1) lc (1) lc Lauren Conrad (2) leather (1) lime (3) linen (1) love it (1) lulu's (1) mally (1) Mally Beauty (1) MANGO (1) Martilena (1) maxi dresses (1) messenger (1) michael kors (4) MICHAEL Michael Kors (1) Missoni (1) Missoni for Target (1) mittens (1) mott street fisher (1) multi color (1) multi strands (1) must have (2) nail polish (2) nails (1) navy (1) necklace (2) neutral (1) nude (1) Old Navy (2) Oliver Peoples (2) ootd (1) orange hues (1) patent toe (1) peep toe (3) perfect (1) photo (8) photography (2) pics (1) Pier 1 Imports (1) pink (5) pink flamingo (1) platform heels (1) platform pump (1) platforms (2) polish (1) polyvore (12) pose (1) Prada (1) preview (2) prize ball pop top mittens (1) purple (1) purse (4) QVC (2) R2-D2 (1) Rachael Ruddick (1) raspberry (1) Rebecca Minkoff (1) review (21) River Island (1) rose gold (1) ruffles (1) sale (2) sally (1) sally hansen (1) sandal (1) sandals (2) SATC (1) satchel (2) search (1) sequined (1) shoe sale (2) shoes (10) shopper (1) shops (1) silver (2) simply vera (1) skirt (2) sling back (3) smooth (1) smooth and perfect (1) sneakers (1) sparkle (1) spring (3) strappy sandals (1) striped (1) studded handbags (1) style (9) suede (3) summer (1) sun patent (1) sunglasses (1) tan (1) Target (3) taupe (2) teal (1) Ted Baker (1) tee (1) tennis shoes (1) The Webster (1) The Webster at Target (1) thong sandal (1) tie-dye (1) tj maxx (1) Today's Special Value (1) Tom Ford (1) tops (1) TSV (1) turquoise (1) vacation (1) Vans (1) vera wang (1) wedge (2) welcome (1) WEN (1) whimsy (1) winner (1) winter (1) wit (1) wool (1) x-body (1) yellow (2) Zara (4) zebra print (1)

Blog Archive

Search

About Me

My photo
I love to shop and if I can find my favorites at a bargain all the better. What are my favorites? My top two are Michael Kors and Kate Spade, how can you beat a combo like that? My favorite place to hunt for a bargain? Just call me a Maxxonista! I love TJ Maxx! This is the place where I'll tell you all about my finds, how I like them and how I pull it all together. If you'd like to send me something to review shoot me an email and let's talk!

Followers

Copyright © 2010 Sweetpea's Closet Design by Dzignine